LED bulbs for traffic lights designed by traffic light construction professionals
What are LED bulbs for traffic lights?
- ・LED bulbs for traffic lights have sophisticated functions that have been patented.
- ・Since they can be installed wherever incandescent bulbs are used, existing traffic lights can easily be converted to the LED type.
- ・They consume less power than incandescent bulbs and have a longer life.
- ・Electricity costs are reduced and since there is no need to replace the bulbs every year, the running costs are also reduced.
Features of LED bulbs for traffic lights
- Long lifespan of 7 to 10 years
- Lifespan is 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
- Low power consumption of 1/7 to 1/10 (compared to incandescent bulbs)
- Lower electricity costs means reduced maintenance costs.
(Already registered as procurement item designated by the Act on Promoting Green Purchasing)
- Compatible with E26 cap
- Uses the same cap as incandescent bulbs. Special construction for installation is not required.
- Built-in safety dual power supply circuit
- With two power circuits and multiple safety measures, there is no light loss due to filament breakage which occurs in incandescent bulbs.
- High-visibility light distribution angle
- Visibility is high as the light spreads over a wide area.
Note 1) This product offers various performances with reference to the standards of the National Police Agency Traffic Lights Specifications.
Note 2) Please consult us regarding use in special environments such as high temperature, low temperature, high humidity, etc.
What are the effects of using LED bulbs for traffic lights?
Reduction of electricity charges
For example, by replacing the traffic lights at this intersection with LED bulbs, electricity charges are reduced by
approximately 150,000 yen annually
(in areas serviced by Tokyo Electric Power Company).
Initial investment can be recovered in about 3 years
Comparison of outdoor lighting conditions
- ●Comparison of lighting conditions for vehicle traffic lights
- Left: Incandescent bulb, Center: This product, Right: Normal LED traffic light
- ●Comparison of lighting conditions for pedestrian traffic lights
- Left: This product, Center: Incandescent bulb, Right: Normal LED traffic light
Progress of LED bulb development
- Started development of LED bulbs for traffic lights that ensure safe and secure use with energy-saving LEDs
- Completed the first LED bulbs for traffic lights "TY light" Received the "SME Excellent New Technology/Product Incentive Award".
- Participated in Tokyo International Industry Exhibition 2003 as a company recommended for the Tokyo Venture Technology Grand Prize.
- With the technological development of LEDs, started development of LED bulbs for traffic lights using new LEDs.
- Completed the new LED bulbs for traffic lights and started sales. Registered as procurement item designated by Act on Promoting Green Purchasing. Registered as utility model.
- Acquired a patent.